Following a recent report on Modern Methods of Construction from the Housing, Communities and Local Government Select Committee, the government responds.
The government welcomed the report on MMC, understanding the importance to “build homes faster while upholding quality” as the pace of housebuilding over the recent years has been unable to keep up with the ever-growing population.
The government is seeking to support and promote the uptake of modern design and manufacturing techniques. It aims to do this with the adoption of configurable standardised components produced in a quality production system, which it has called a “platform approach to design for manufacture and assembly” (P-DfMA). Read the full article >>
The MFS Category 2 ‘Platforms’: designed and manufactured in a factory environment to strict quality standards, delivered to site and assembled swiftly, with minimal waste.
Large format blocks cut to specific dimensions pre-delivery to site:
- Xella Silka Elements
- Xella Ytong blocks
- Xella Casco wall full height panels
- H+H Celcon thin joint blocks
- H+H full height wall panels
- Quick-drying, super-strong, thin-joint mortar
- Excellent Fire retardant properties
- Minimal waste
- Meets Disproportionate Collapse Class 2A and 2B standards
Additional elements manufactured off-site and assembled on-site
- Steel frames
- Pre-cast concrete floors
- Pre-cast concrete stairs and landings
- Pre-cast cantilevered balconies
- ‘I’ joists and cassette floors
- Internal walls and insulation solutions
- Roof trusses and solutions
- Design warranties